Sunday 21 August 2011

Day 2 - 18 August 2011 - Planning begins

After my adventures to Morwenstow the previous day, I was keen to continue my research and develop my idea of retracing her footsteps and at the same time learning more about this time in history. 


It also got me thinking about modern day saints, a) if there were any and b) what their role is in today's modern society.


I'd also been thinking about how she might have travelled and I suddenly had an idea! Donkey!


I could do it by foot and Donkey (for when I got tired) - now that would be cool (and different) but I have no idea how authentic that is - so need to ask some clever historians about that. I think I'll call my Donkey Horace though if we do get to travel together....(Also thought about a Lama, but knew that would be totally out of the question as they hadn't made it over to these shores yet...)


I also wondered if she might have got a boat to cross the Bristol Channel rather than walking all the way around?


That made me think about sailing ships, and I remembered that there is in fact a sailing bat called Morwenna. So googled her and found this:


http://www.traditional-sailing.com/

Now then, How cool would it be to travel from the Brecon Beacons to say, Cardiff, and get my sailing ship to pick me (and Horace?? - do Donkey's like sailing?) and transport us across to Minehead - as I'd also learnt that there is a South West Coast Path that runs all the way from Minehead to Poole, so right past Morwenstow!! Of course if they could drop me off any closer to Morwenstow that would be better for my feet...but I'd like to know which way she might have travelled. 


These are still just thoughts at the moment...


Also discovered, whilst googling, a medium called Mowenna who lives on the Isle of Wight!! so might ask her to do a reading for me...;-)








1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great how quickly an idea can gather momentum and generate other ideas and 'add-ons' ? Interesting to read just how much you've researched in the space of 24hours following the initial 'field-trip' ! :)

    ReplyDelete