Wednesday 18 April 2012

Tides, sponsorship and being a zombie


Had a call first thing from Matthew at Swansea Museum asking for some more details. Appears it’s ok sailing from Cardiff and he wanted to know what time we’d be in Cardiff – I reckon about 16.00 on the Sat, but said obviously can be there when you need us to be and can move timings around to fit. 

Also (as thought) it might not be possible to sail into Minehead so he’s looking into the tides now and also which location along that stretch of coastal path will be best. Brilliant! Fingers still crossed.

Sponsorship

Popped into Nomad today and asked about how it works with sponsorship/kit donation – they were really helpful and suggested I contact manufacturers directly (esp. British ones) for any kit donations and also that if I buy anything from their store they’d give me a 15% discount as it's for charity! How nice is that!

So carried on up the hill and called into Rohan. Where I spoke to Emma and Ben. Again they were really helpful and Emma even rang head office for me to find out if they could donate any kit. That was really nice of her to do that. She couldn’t get through, but took my details and will get the name of who I need to speak to.

Fancy being a Zombie?

Whist she was on the phone I was chatting to her colleague, Ben, about my trip and he said – "Your trip sounds cool, why not? it's what life's about - adventures. I’m making a zombie movie – would you and any of your friends like to be in it?"

Not a question you get asked everyday! 

Turns out he studied music tech. at Bristol City College and decided to make a film, so is looking for volunteers to be in it! Yep I said. Cool. 

He’s spoken to the peeps at Watershed and they’re keen to show it on Halloween – which also fits in with the Bristol Zombie walk. (They are still sourcing funding - so if you know anyone who might be interested...)

Have joined facebook page and will await further instructions….

So, If you fancy being a zombie, live in the Bristol or surrounding area and will be available between 2-10 June he wants to hear from you.  You can join here – (you have to be approved) 


Ah darn. Just realised will be away for some it if so might only be able to be a ‘part-time Zombie.' Sounds such fun.

NEWSFLASH – Emma from Rohan just called and she’s given me the name and email address of the person I need to speak to…apparently they like to hear about the different adventures Rohan customers get up to…so I’ll be emailing him tonight! VERY HELPFUL ;-) PLUS Rohan is British! ;-) YEAH!



No comments:

Post a Comment