Monday 16 April 2012

Crossing the channel

Small achievements today. I spoke to Stuart, captain of The Morwenna, and unfortunately they'll be in Southampton when I'm doing 'The Journey' - but being the helpful chap he is, suggested I contact Swansea Museum as they have a Bristol Clipper called Olga.
http://swanseamuseum.wordpress.com/
so I rang and spoke to a very friendly lady, who told me that the people I needed to speak to were in a meeting and so she took a message. Will call again tomorrow and see if they are interested. After reading about the fact the ship gives disadvantaged children the opportunity to sail, I thought it fitted rather well with what St.Morwenna was about. She was a teacher and from what I understand her main focus was helping children. So fingers crossed this will be a positive lead! ;-)


Then popped off to Snow and Rock in Bristol to sort out my shoes. They were really helpful in the store and I've chosen these beauties.  Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX.


Had to order them as they didn't have my size, so will pick them up end of the week. Apparently they are coming from their Liverpool store. Need some smartwool socks now...don't want any blisters thank you very much!  Look slightly different to what St.Morwenna may have worn on her feet.....


Celtic footwear 1-5th century - Dawn of time crafts
























No comments:

Post a Comment